Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As soon as I hit post it made me wonder if this might actually be part of the Tail of the Dragon with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road!

Tail of the Dragon, Deals Gap, Nc.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I have plans to ride a similar road above Sundance next Monday, but it will be on my Harley. I'm not such a climber to begin with, and once I'm over 6,000 feet, pretty hopeless.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
As soon as I hit post it made me wonder if this might actually be part of the Tail of the Dragon with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road!

Tail of the Dragon, Deals Gap, Nc.
I've been there many times on the motorcycles, but with so many turns it's hard to remember them all. I don't recall much of the road being that flat (very hilly) but it could be. I wouldn't even consider riding the dragon on a bicycle during the weekend. Far too many crazy people trying to speed through it as fast as they can in sport cars and motorcycles... and many crash in the process.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
We have absolutely nothing like that in Florida that I know of. What a great ride that would be.

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been there many times on the motorcycles, but with so many turns it's hard to remember them all. I don't recall much of the road being that flat (very hilly) but it could be. I wouldn't even consider riding the dragon on a bicycle during the weekend. Far too many crazy people trying to speed through it as fast as they can in sport cars and motorcycles... and many crash in the process.
Did you have to take any anit-Nashua meds to ride that?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
dat's nice, Rola!! Pretty sure it is not the dragon since it is flat as pointed out earlier. But, you sure can call it a "twistie"!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts