Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm new from the Syracuse area. When I was a teen, I used to ride my bike everywhere. It was nothing to put 40 plus miles a day on that old 3 speed. Then I learned to drive and that was over with......

I'm now 51 yrs old and just getting back to riding again to regain my health. I don't remember it being this hard!

I just got myself a new bike, when my stepson reclaimed his old schwinn that I'd been riding (or trying to). It's a Ladies Schwinn Admiral Hybrid 700C. Once I got a better seat for it and the correct amount of air in the tires, I'm enjoying it a little more, but it's still proving much more difficult than I'd anticipated.

Hope I can stick with it. Wish me luck!

·
173 Posts
Welcome aboard. Hang in there & don't give up. I'm 66 and it aprox. 50yr for me. Started
riding last fall, 1/2 block at a time till I could make a full block.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome....................started backup after a 20 year gap. 55 yrs old, slowly getting back into it, but it is great fun

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamp. I am 66 years old and Could only ride a cupple of miles 3 years ago now 20, 30, 40, 62 is the most I have riden. Just stick with it the miles will come. Have fun.

·
889 Posts
I'm just a "young" pup at 37 and got back into it after 13 or so years. I've fallen in love with the road all over again. Enjoy!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I'm almost 42. During the peak of allergy season, a ride around the block will leave me choking and gasping for air. My doctor even suggested I move back to the beach. But I'll never give up riding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am 40 and just started riding again this year. I luv it. I am up to 250-300 miles/month and can really feel my health improving. It really is helping me. I wish you luck on sticking with it. Try finding someone to ride with you.

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm glad to see I'm not the only "old" person out there giving this a try. I've tried to get hubby out there with me. He has a bike, but he has his own projects going on right now. My youngest son rides, but he lives in Pennsylvania. Maybe I'll check into a local cycling club....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Hey.... we're not "old" :) I would say we're "Mature", but I've been here long enough to know better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts