Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I have been a backslider. I have been off the bike for months waiting for a knee to heal twice.

I think I am just about to go see if I can take a service or two. Anyone know how to shut up a bike church preacher that has a sermon that's too long.

In a Baptist church its easy. Sit on the edge of the center aisle, take your watch off your wrist, and hold it up so the preacher can see you looking at it. If he keeps talking walk out.

Trouble is how do you know when the bike church preacher is preaching too long on your first service back after a while?

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,556 Posts
well I have been a backslider. I have been off the bike for months waiting for a knee to heal twice.

I think I am just about to go see if I can take a service or two. Anyone know how to shut up a bike church preacher that has a sermon that's too long.

In a Baptist church its easy. Sit on the edge of the center aisle, take your watch off your wrist, and hold it up so the preacher can see you looking at it. If he keeps talking walk out.

Trouble is how do you know when the bike church preacher is preaching too long on your first service back after a while?

I feel it in my hands and my prostate. Not that they are connected, of course, or even near each other...never mind.

Congrats on your return to the faith! They changed my work schedule to Sunday through Thursday so my Bike Church will now become Bike Temple and I'll ride on the Sabbath. LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome back, brother!

My butt tells me, and it was yelling today. I wanna think that maybe the benches aren't as padded as they used to be, but I think the real reason is too much weight sitting on them.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well when I grew up in real church they weren't padded at all. A few people got together and set up a committee as a church is prone to do. They took some money out of the building fund to get some nice really thick cushions. They were about 4 inches thick and very comfortable. Trouble is the preacher wasn't any more interesting to listen to. Then instead of complaining about hard seats, they were complaining about people going to sleep. Going to sleep would be a bad idea in bike church.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,556 Posts
well when I grew up in real church they weren't padded at all. A few people got together and set up a committee as a church is prone to do. They took some money out of the building fund to get some nice really thick cushions. They were about 4 inches thick and very comfortable. Trouble is the preacher wasn't any more interesting to listen to. Then instead of complaining about hard seats, they were complaining about people going to sleep. Going to sleep would be a bad idea in bike church.
Rule #1 of Bike Church:

The best place for communion and inner reflection is inside your own head; not inside a building.

Thus ends tonight's sermon.

go and sin no more (this means no lycra). :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts