Getting old but don't wanna

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Panurgist, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Panurgist

Panurgist New Member

I have enjoyed biking since I was a teenager on a Sears ten speed. I'm over 5o now and find I still enjoy it. I never rode a lot but I always rode some. Very casual, very occasional, never long distances ( 10 to 20 miles is a long trip ). Several years ago I bike commuted 10 miles each way for a few months and loved it. I would like to get back to doing that and some more weekend/evening pleasure trips. I still have a Motobecane I bought new in 76 but I mostly ride a Trek 820 mountain bike with street tires and a soft seat and that seems about perfect for my style. :)

2. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

It's awesome to hear you're trying to get back into/stay in the spirit of cycling.

3. riderman14

riderman14 Guest

it's all about just getting on the bike and doing what fits you! if it's 5 miles,then so be it.if it's 500 miles then that's o.k. too!i'm 52 years old,do long distance touring,and can ride all day with the best of them.my body gets tired at the end of the day,but my stamina is still there and i feel great the next day for it.so my friend,just keep doing what your doing,cause the biggest part of the battle is to put that butt on the bike seat and actually pedal down the road.ride on

4. Panurgist

Panurgist New Member

Thanks for the encouragement. Forums like this can be a great thing. I am a member of a VW forum and the depth of help one stranger will give another is amazing. Those guys have saved me much time, aggravation, and money. Lets hope this one will be as good in it's own way!

5. Comko

Comko Guest

Well, welcome! It is great to have you aboard!

6. Jimi

Jimi Guest

Welcome! Keep on bringing the encouragement!

7. SlowRider

SlowRider Guest

Hi Panurgist. I joined today (see "my name is SlowRider" thread). Lets hang out and get the love back into it ! I had some crummy experiences 'socially' with cycling in last 6 or so years, mostly on other forums, so it's really nice to find this little oasis . See you around the board !

8. casey

casey Guest

Welcome my new friends!