Getting Sick after you Ride.

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by funetical, Jan 7, 2010.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It's cold out side. I woke up early. Got dressed grabbed the bike and headed out the door. Half way through the ride I started feeling sick. I turned around cutting it short and made it back to my house only to throw up on the drive. After that I immediately felt better. Maybe I over heated by over dressing? I don't think I'm sick. Has anybody else ever done this? It was there then when I stopped riding it was over. Maybe I'm allergic to bikes?

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Some mornings I just get this wave of nausea. I think it has to do with the cold and drainage into my stomach. Could be the same for you, only riding exacerbated it.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Man It was real intense then went away and didn't come back. I was pretty sweaty. I think I pushed myself to hard, and over heated. Just didn't feel it because it was cold.

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Welcome to my world. Since I've had this infection, I get that kind of sick way too easily.

5. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Well there was that one morning after a night with Jose` Cearvo...

6. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Maybe you're preggers.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Nope. Don't have the equipment. Plus I already have one. An accident can happen twice. That's science.

8. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

The last time that happened to me was right after Xmas 2001; turns out I was coming down with a sinus infection.

It was during the recovery of that particular episode that I quit smoking. Still can't stand the smell of cigs.... Before this, I would get 4-5 sinus infections a year; since, I've had 3 total.

9. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

Maybe it was just something you ate that did not agree with you.

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm thinking I'm pushing myself to hard but I do have a sinus infection.

11. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Sinus drainage and exertion. I always knew I was coming down with a sinus infection when I was in the Navy. I would get a sweaty, dizzy, queasy feeling while running morning PT and would end up throwing up. After I threw up I would feel a lot better and within a day or day and a half would be sick enough to need medicine to break it.

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I think I'm at the point where if it doesn't get better I'm going to have to go. I hate the doc. Why do I have to change in to a gown? I'm here for my sinuses. Ludicrous.

13. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Not ludicrous. Maybe it's ebola. Then you get a space suit.

14. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

And a visit from the World Health Organization... :eek:

15. cruiser

cruiser Lone Wolf

CTD50,
    Congrats on quitting smoking. :thumbsup:

16. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I already have one. Americans come with them. Explains the enormous budget our space program receives.Go Us!

17. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Well, I did hear that you took up space in school.

18. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Speaking of space and school. How did that teacher in space make out a few years back? I seem to remember reading she was maximumly demoted. Great space program.