Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building an 80cc engine and have been trying to fine tune it a little help and some pointer tips would be apreciated. I've set the throttle pin for rich mix (all the way to the first clip ring, been playing with idle but bike doesn't wanna go over 25 mph) How do I get the most powerout of it. The engine sounds like it's holding back or loosing something.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Take it from an old drag racer lean is mean , to lean is a burned pistion. And use the lowest octane gas that dont ping, high octane will not give you more power it will just not detonate at a higher compresion. Home Page

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes and I even sealed the carberator with a silicone sealent, just replaced the magneto magnet cus old one broke. redid the throttle assembly and have the clip set on slot closest to the disk. It runs down the road but I can only get it up to 25mph. It seems like it's not sounding right like it can do more.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
. I've set the throttle pin for rich mix (all the way to the first clip ring, been playing with idle but bike doesn't wanna go over 25 mph) How do I get the most powerout of it. The engine sounds like it's holding back or loosing something.
Lean it out. Is it running like the choke is on:eek:, lean it out it should be crisp when you hit the throttle;).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts