Giant Yukon FX...2009 or 2010?

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by PANvelo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. PANvelo

PANvelo New Member

i know this is the 'best' bargain (bottom of the barrel) FS bike out there for under $1000. i just want something to hit decent singletrack HARD without wearing myself out. at 46, i won't be doing insane drops or jumps at all, but just want to be able to scramble up rocky/rooty PA and DE trails without pulverizing my wrists, especially on the descent!

so, anyways, i am already sold on one of these, but i'd like to know WHO here has tried or owned (or still owns) one of these. i hear the 2008-2010 models are pretty much the same except for color. i'll be getting the Medium i believe (i assume that's the size i'll need since that's what my DEFY is...even tho it is a road bike). i'm used to smaller MTBikes and don't mind having alot of seatpost showing, but would there be a big weight difference between M and S/M?

the LBS has a couple of 2009 models remaining and they said they'd give me a deal on one...so, i need to jump soon. thanks for any info you've got:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. PANvelo

PANvelo New Member

3. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

Congrats on the new bike.
    Looks like a nice bike...

4. PANvelo

PANvelo New Member

thanks...well, all i know is rigid (old skool mtb/cyclocross) and of course hardtail. a new world for me. sure, it was a slogging ride back home on the asphalt (lucky me, i only live a few blocks from my LBS:D), but i did a few adjustments and tried it out in my backyard of fallen limps, bumps and mini-drops; already makes me ache to hit the singletrack tomorrow...nice lockout fork....4 inches of travel for ME will be new. after years of intimacy with the trail, i'm ready to experience extreme plush. this is the best bet i hear for FS noobs:eek:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009