Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been profiling my struggle for employment, and honestly, I have been having a rough couple of months. Head up and all, but I need to hear that people out there are having good things happen, call me an optimist. All of our years just got started, give me something good that has happened to you?

I'm able to pay my rent!

My Trek 7.1 is awesome. I love this bike.

I'm losing weight, and not due to lack of food, yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm finally back on the bike ofter being mostly off from Thanksgiving through today.
I'd been having back to back bouts of bronchitis and pneumonia for the last 50 days, and was on Levaquin (sp?) for 40 of those. That's the stuff that cautions you about the possible side effects of tendon rupture (possibly explaining the Achilles tendon pain lately).

Anyhoo...that's all over (I hope) and had my commute to/from work for a loooong time.
Even though it was only 4 miles, I was feeling it this morning. <3 :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
had to google that....Yikes! :eek:
Y-I-K-E-S, double Y-I-K-E-S, the youtube video made me.....well turn it off quickly to be polite!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Y'all are getting all freaked out for nothing. They just put her out, numbed her eye, woke her back up, then scooped out some of her eye. This is a good thing, which is what funetical asked for. It should help restore her vision. The right eye is next, but they have to wait until the left is healed up. And apparently, she has cataract surgery to look forward to as well.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
We're not in Egypt....or Kabul, or Kandahar or here...There were piglets, chickens and the saddest of all, dogs in a pen back by that truck. It amazes me what I see some days at work

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Oh yea, and the local racing season is just around the corner, I CAN'T wait !

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
And one last thing, it is supposed to be in the mid 50's today ! That's the BEST news I can give you. Crazy cuz it's 27 degrees right now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good News

One more class to go to finish my masters degree which would be even sweeter if there was employment to go along with it....but this is a culmination of 30 years of a personal struggle.

The amazing thing is that after all these years of abuse my body is still strong enough to do a century and my brain still has enough cells left to do good stuff in school.

And....I turned 57 yesterday !!

·
Registered
199 Posts
One more class to go to finish my masters degree which would be even sweeter if there was employment to go along with it....but this is a culmination of 30 years of a personal struggle.

The amazing thing is that after all these years of abuse my body is still strong enough to do a century and my brain still has enough cells left to do good stuff in school.

And....I turned 57 yesterday !!
Great and.....happy birth(yester)day!!

·
speedfan
53 Posts
Thanks

Glad to read your post. I turn 53 on 2-11-11 and am currently working on my masters. Good to see another senior still kicking.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got a flat. I went out to ride, stupid flat. It'll be next week before I can afford a tube.

I'm teaching my three year old to ride.

"Dad, it hard, I can walk."

"I know you can walk, that's not the point move your feet."

"No, I'm OK with walking."

If she wasn't adorable, I would have ate her years ago.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts