Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aero Tech Designs Cyclewear is our latest sponsor, and they have generously offered to give away some shorts to forum members as a way to introduce their brand. Up for grabs are the following shorts:

Top Shelf Shorts - an excellent short for long distance riding.Available for men or women.

Commuter Knickers - perfect for the more casual rides, they provide plenty of comfort on or off the bike. Available for men or women.

Contest rules are simple enough: Write a post in this thread, and tell us why you should win. That's it. You can do a separate post for either pair of shorts, but we're choosing two winners. Odds of winning will depend on number of entrants, and winner will be chosen by the forum moderators. Winners will be notified by PM or email, and once they've selected their shorts, Aero Tech will ship them direct. We'll accept entries from now until Sunday, April 22, at midnight Mountain time. Winners will be notified during the following week. It's our way of thanking the members that make this forum so great.

Good luck!

A special thanks to Aero Tech as well for making this contest possible. You can find reviews of some of their American-made shorts and bib shorts on Industryoutsider.com.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Why should I win?
Easy.
I need another clothing brand for the store. However, I don't like ordering a lot of clothing that I haven't tried myself. So far, I've only owned jerseys from Aero Tech. Obviously I need a pair of shorts so I can try them and decide if I'm going to carry Aero Tech shorts in my store.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I should win because I have a 6 yr old son that really likes to bike like his Daddy, and if I were to like this product, I would be buying more than just for myself.;)

For the record, I do Road riding, trail riding and commute to work on most days.!!

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
I should win because my weight is changing. I quit smoking a year ago and in that time I have put on weight that I need to get off. None of my bike clothes fit and I can't replace them right now. If I were to be picked I will, as my motivation, change my username to JellyRoll until I reach my goal weight.

·
242 Posts
I should win because I would be proud to promote a quality product and after losing 90 lbs over the last 6 months my old ones do not fit and being on a fixed income buying new ones anytime soon is not an option and because I ride in new England and the midwest I would have a very large area to promote in.

Thanks
Melissa

·
Registered
35 Posts
I should win because this would promote my passion for cycling to new levels and help me continue to reach my goal of participating in the MS 150

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe I should win because I have finally discovered what makes me happy in life...cycling! The whoosh and adrenaline rush going downhill, the peace and serenity of the rolling flats, the pedaling hard through rain and wind, the obstacles on trails. It has made me stronger both physically and mentally, and frankly, I can't afford a lot of new gear. I'm still wearing OLD chamois, getting a little worn on my little butt that needs padding! I also tend to always be in a rush so running off to the next thing in knickers that can be worn elsewhere would be a bonus! Have a great Earth Day weekend everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I should win because I'm riding the jungles of Thailand and all my old kit wich is so poor quality compared with Areo tech clothing has all worn out. please help my bottom feel better. Thanks Areo tech.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
I should win because I pledge to ride the back roads of France until I find the elusive Sprocketgirl and bring her back to the forum. My three pairs of shorts are not enough to keep me fresh during my treacherous journey amongst the natives, I need something Top Shelf for my quest. Should I succeed I shall donate my pair of Top Shelf shorts to the future TwoSpoke Museum of Bicycle Memorabelia. Wish me luck my friends!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should win because I pledge to ride the back roads of France until I find the elusive Sprocketgirl and bring her back to the forum. My three pairs of shorts are not enough to keep me fresh during my treacherous journey amongst the natives, I need something Top Shelf for my quest. Should I succeed I shall donate my pair of Top Shelf shorts to the future TwoSpoke Museum of Bicycle Memorabelia. Wish me luck my friends!
That is so honorable of you to do that for us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I should win the knickers because I am 64 and have ridden off and on since childhood and have never owned bike shorts or knickers.

Tony

·
Registered
11 Posts
I should win the Top Shelf Shorts because I am new to the sport and I need all the help I can get. I recently learned how to ride a bike and I have dedicated the last 4 months of my life to hard training for a good cause. I just purchased my first road bike so I can participate in my first triathlon to help fund Leukemia research and provide hope for those individuals battling cancer. I will fulfill this personal commitment by swimming 1 mile, biking 25 miles and running 6 miles in the St. Anthony’s Triathlon in St. Petersburg, Florida. When I made the commitment to train and raise funds for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, I honestly had no idea how expensive it would be to be able to get started on the sport. After saving every penny so I could afford my first road bike and basic gear (helmet, pedals, shoes, & water cages) I found myself at the max of my budget, so I have not been able to buy a good pair of cycling shorts. I would really appreciate the opportunity to use the shorts during my 6 day / week training sessions so I can prepare for the Triathlon. If given the opportunity to try the Aero Tech Designs - Top shelf shorts, I would be a good advocate for the brand and share my great experience with the product with all of my teammates in the cycling and triathlon world.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I should win. I took gold in the state level cycling time trials competition and went on to compete in the last National Senior Games, aka Senior Olympics. 2012 is another qualifying year, and this time I will also enter road racing events. I may be small in stature but I am certainly not a little old lady! Either the shorts or the knickers would look great on me. Hmmm.....maybe I should have attached a photo of my legs to prove it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I should win because my dog chewed out the chamois of my current bibs. Stupid dog, he knows how much I need those bibs and we have already had this talk. I also have a 300 mile charity ride for babies coming up soon and I really need those bibs. Unfortunately the flesh is willing but the wallet is weak!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts