Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im a mountain biker/commuter here in Kent Washington. Ive had this same bike since it was brand new in 1998 (within a year or so) and have put thousands of miles on it. I bought it for myself as a xmas present and as you notice in the pics its covered in cardboard tubing from wrapping paper and paper towels then covered in a couple layers of duct tape. The rest is handlebar wrapping. Its amazingly been this way since the day I got it and never saw the light of day without its incognito suit. I have no clue how it has held up underneath. It may be pristine, it may be rusting to death, but for sure this thing has been ridden hard and submerged in mud. I did this duct tape suit back in the day for anti theft purposes.

I do a quick wheel change for street use, but mostly this is a trail bike that likes to haul butt down hills. Im 37, just had my first child so the last nine months has included less and less riding. Im starting to find time to ride more again and thought Id join a forum to help rekindle my interest.

So thought Id say hi and include some pics of my ride, because everyone likes pics right!

Ethan

DPP_0001 by pseudohippy, on Flickr

DPP_0007 by pseudohippy, on Flickr

DPP_0011 by pseudohippy, on Flickr

DPP_0014 by pseudohippy, on Flickr

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Ethan,

I'm glad that you have joined in. It looks like you have a solid, proven, ride. Congradulations to the New Dad!

BobH.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome. Now that's a well loved bike. I like it. Lots of personality.

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
Welcome and yup that's gota be one of the most unique looking bikes I have seen :D!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks. Me and that bike are good friends. Its funny how much time you spend with a bike and how much sentimental value it can have. Just got back from a short ride already this morning. Im thinking of a trailer for it so I can pull my son. Anyhow, thanks for the warm welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts