Glasses

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Biker, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Biker

Biker New Member

I went to the eye doc and he says I need glasses. Any body bike with there glasses and if so who makes em where did you get them from. I mean Prescription not sunglasses. But what the hell sunglasses too?

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

You can get glasses anywhere. I have prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses.

3. Biker

Biker New Member

I could go to Lens Crafters, I'm not an idiot. Your telling me that I can find crafted glasses great for sports and cycling anywhere? I'm guessing not. Where did you get yours from?

4. Industry_Hack

I got both pairs from the eye center at a Shopko, since that's what my insurance covered. Costco also has some good deals. Most places will have a large variety. Mine are geek frames with plastic lenses, but you can get titanium frames and ultralight lenses.

5. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

I wear both as well.... I have Bucci frames, I purchased online, they don't make my model anymore, but I can find them here and there, they are polycarb, VERY light and strong. The model is great for riding with Rx in them, have gone thru 4 frames and 6 changes in rx... Got them done at LensCrafters.

Problem is the curvature of the frames and the Rx, mine is right on the edge, but they do it. You might check it out, they can put lenses in just about any frame, as long as the curve will fit the Rx.

DrB

6. Industry_Hack

Astigmatism sucks. Of course, at my last exam, I found out my vision has improved in one eye. Go figure.

7. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Mine is gettin worse, have myopia and astigmatism, about equal, can't see across the room without glasses, but I can read up close better without glasses than with them...Ya, go figure....

But all in all, I'm doin ok, after all, I'm 57

DrB