Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never use gloves while riding.do they really help on rides 10-20 mi, and if so what are good cheap ones?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wear them in case of a spill. Took a spill the first week that I started to ride and ended up with no skin on my palms!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
There was a thread back in the winter or late fall sometime about the use of gloves (and other safety equipment). The consensus was mixed. I personally always wear gloves. I know what it feels like to have no skin on your palms and didn't enjoy it too much ;-)

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,147 Posts
I wear gloves both in case of a crash and because the padding helps me on rides over a few miles: get fatigue issues/numbness pretty quick otherwise.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Comfort & safety ~ plain & simple.
Sweaty hands got me thinking about gloves. Then I realized they releived fatigue. Plus there's the skinned palms thing.
I use a $25 sporting goods store brand.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I ride on the hoods 98% of the time. Cycling gloves manufactures need to add padding in the area between your thumb and index finger and the area in the center of your palm where your thumb meets your wrist.
As far as glove go I wear them all the time year round for comfort and safety.

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR) says, "Padding is key. Padded gloves and handlebars cut back on stress and possible injuries." Cycling Sisters echoes this sentiment, suggesting that new bar tape can help pad handlebars and that cycling gloves "add extra padding, relieving some pressure on the hands."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/108350-bicycles-wrist-pain/#ixzz1v03mQl4g

1 - 9 of 9 Posts