Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my goals this year is to basically double my miles from last year. Today I was wondering how I was doing so far. Have been dealing with a herniated disk in my lower back for the past month so haven't exactly been burning the roads up, but ibuprofen has been my friend for the most part. It hasn't felt like I've accomplished much but seeing it in a chart makes me feel much better. Can anyone guess what month I got my road bike last year?

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
I LOVE SportTracks! Doubling your mileage is a lofty goal Poolie. I don't know how you can double what you did last year during the months of July-October. Guess you'll have to take a week of off work every month :) Maybe consistency although it looks like you aren't doing to bad at that either. I think most people slow down considerably during the winter months both mileage and avg. speed.

How many miles have gotten this year?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SportTracks is the best!

So far I'm had a miserable start for the year. Only logged 140 miles in January. February even worse due to mechanical issues with both me and the bike so only 85 miles and the weather is iffy for riding today and tomorrow.

But here's my plan for the rest of the year. It's simple and was doable until I added the mountain bike to the mix... now I'm not so sure.

March thru October I need to be able to do 400 miles a month and 200 miles a month for Nov and Dec. Throw in several charity rides (metric and full centuries) through out the year and I can squeak out 4000 miles.

Road bike only, that's a doable plan. But now that I've added the mountain bike I'm sure that's going to have an impact on my overall mileage. Once I get March behind me and look at the numbers I might have to adjust my expectations.

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Keep me posted, I know for me to find time to do 400 a month has become very difficult. I used to work 4 10's and had lots a time to ride cuz my days off were when the wife was at work :) Now that I'm off on the weekends she finds to many "other" things for me to do!

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
"Now that I'm off on the weekends she finds to many "other" things for me to do!"

Amazin how that works, huh Rola? :rolleyes:
Yea....But it'sd what makes "my" world go round :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts