Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now I don't do the whole New Years resolution stuff but my biggest goal I wanna do this year us to finally ride my bike for a fully century. I haven't been able to do more than a half and that was only once on an old single speed coaster bike but now that I am finally getting an old Panasonic up and running again(soon as parts come in) that should be about a couple weeks just barely before Christmas. I am gonna start to train on the bike to do a full century now I don't really worry bout how long it will take me or how fast I'm gonna go I have always wanted to have that as one thing under my belt. Also just plan to get out and ride a whole lot more than I did last year part of reason my Panasonic I had given to me wasn't so hot needs cabels tires etc which I got coming and my other old bike is some what on the fritz so this will be the year of the century. So let's here it fellow TwoSpokers what are your riding and or other goals for the up coming year? And soon as I get her all set back up gonna take a couple shots of my new oldride for y'all. Cheers Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all :D

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I allso would allso like to do a century in miles :D. What I nead is a saddle that is not a pain in my posteriour :eek:. I have a Sella An-Atomica clydesdale golden on my X mas list :rolleyes:. I think I will slow down in the next year as I have tapered off the last month or so but I would like to get in at least 3,000 miles I did 4,330 so far this year, but it will have to get a lot warmer for me to put on any miles :D. If this is global warming I hope we don't get global cooling ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi folks,

My riding goal for 2011 is 2.000 miles. My wife and I are planning some bicycle tours for us. They will be day trips and low key.

Our son and his family will be stateside in the spring. (our son is in the military) I WILL get my grandsons's 12 inch sidecar rig finished, there is a small photo of it in the Gallery.

I hope to get to ride a mountain bike or two. I need to master trackstands.

I have a Mead Ranger that I want to repair this year. It is very much like the bike my dad had as I little kid. The Ranger requires new 28" tubeless tires for its wooden rims. I need to laminate a new seat pan for it. Lastly, I need to fab a new drop down stand for it. I'll not restore it.

BobH

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Just a few goals this year and hopefully the health will hold so I can accomplish them this year. One is to do a century, but not really a race or in any organized format. Just travel 100 miles on a bike in one day. Number two is to do a multi day tour on a bike. Goal three may be the hardest that I want to finish my book on biking my hometown and see how both the town and I have changed over the years.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a few goals this year and hopefully the health will hold so I can accomplish them this year. One is to do a century, but not really a race or in any organized format. Just travel 100 miles on a bike in one day. Number two is to do a multi day tour on a bike. Goal three may be the hardest that I want to finish my book on biking my hometown and see how both the town and I have changed over the years.

Good luck with the book hope to hear sometime next year about ya doin the century I'm the same way don't care bout racing I just wanna ride that far to say I finally did it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts