Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol

I have been trying a lot of saddles at my LBS (Conte's) where Walter has let me try all of the Specialized and Fizik road saddles and none of them worked for me.

I noticed a sweet looking Fizik saddle hanging with the rest and asked about it, come to find out it was a Fizik Gobi XM MTB saddle. After putting over 100 miles on it I'm in love. The seat fits me better than any other saddle I have tried and have had no pain at all after riding.

So am I heading to Road Bike Hell for using a MTB saddle?

Lol

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Nice looking saddle, I have found that what saddle works for you is the right saddle, but it might not work for you on a different bike. I have tryed a lot of saddles on my Fuji but have not come up with that right saddle 4,000 miles. and I am still ajusting the one on my Jamis and I have over 5,000 miles on that one.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
At least it's not a girl's saddle!

He only bought it because it's red and looks great on his Raleigh. Wales, post a picture. With a nice background if you don't mind.

It's a cross-country racing saddle. It's narrow and thinly padded. Unless they're familiar with the saddle, no one will guess it's designed for mountain biking. And yes it is comfortable. When I hopped on my Cannondale after riding another bike for a couple of weeks, my first thought was, "Ahhh, this saddle feels good!"

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I removed the seat to return it to the shop and asked the owner how much he would sell the seat for since it's brand new. He told me that it was a pull from another bike and said I could have it for $40, so I jumped on it and now it's mine. hahahahahahaa
I looked on the net for another black/red one, but not even Fizik's site has one listed or eBay..

Pictures taken in my yard with the seat installed. I have some red bar tape I have been wanting to use and may just do it now.

Yes it does look good on my Raleigh!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
After going to my LBS to get a qwik fitting this is where my seat should be for my size. Before I was sitting way to far forward and was felling some pain in my knee's, but after this seat position change I feel great..
I'm using 175mm crank arms now and could get some longer ones and that would bring my seat forward a little...

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Interesting. I suffered from patella-femoral syndrome which I believe is the most common knee ailment for cyclists and for which a forward saddle position was recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts