Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... who knows anything about tubeless tires and wheels... and is it worth it?.. trying to shed some lbs on the bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There aren't a lot of riding styles that wouldn't be improved by riding tubeless. You'll feel a pretty solid difference right away because rotational weight will go down, and once you get up to speed, any sealant you have in your tires will be evenly distributed throughout the wheel. When you get to about 30 PSI, the pressure feels about the same as 65 with a tube- you'll want to stick around the 25-30 range depending on your riding.

What kind of riding are you doing? The more we know, the better advice we can give about what to go for and what to stay away from.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride road and medium trails... nothing to extreme.. no really big jumps or drop offs... mainly cause I haven't found any yet... I live in south east Texas, so no mountains

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I might be out of the loop on this, but I think tubes may be better if you're hitting big drops. Tubeless is better for speed and traction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I don't really do any big drops... but I definitely need more traction in the trails I ride (crushed gravel). The ass end gets kinda loose on the sharp turns and if I can't unclip quick enough I go down.. haha

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Tubeless for sure! I've got the Sun Ringle Black Flag wheels on my 26" bike and love them. Made a huge difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts