Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
that looks like a nice bike with solid build... i am not a huge scott fan, granted i have only ridden their high end carbon race bikes (addict). they are made super stiff, sprinters love them! but us light climber types often feel they are too stiff.
when buying a road bike ride as many as you can and buy the one that feels the best, do not get caught up in name brand hype. as for getting someone one as a gift, do not surprise them. let them go out and ride the bikes in the price range you are willing to spend. i know takes some of the fun out of it, but my dad would have bought me a Pinarello because they are amazing looking and he likes them. however, i ride way more than he does and am a lot smaller. i road almost everything you can think of and honestly, the Wilier Cento felt best to me. that was my birthday gift.... and i could not be happier. plus a huge part of the gift was the trip we took to texas so i could ride a lot of bikes i did not get.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well she's just getting into riding more like me she currently has a hybrid bike. I don't care what brand it is it just came up when i was looking online and it looked nice and it's gotta be 47cm at most i think cause she has a 26in inseam and is 5'3". I was comparing the treak 1.1 and this scott and this one seems better but I donno if the trek 1.5 comes in smaller sizes for her cause i might get it if it does.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
well she's just getting into riding more like me she currently has a hybrid bike. I don't care what brand it is it just came up when i was looking online and it looked nice and it's gotta be 47cm at most i think cause she has a 26in inseam and is 5'3". I was comparing the treak 1.1 and this scott and this one seems better but I donno if the trek 1.5 comes in smaller sizes for her cause i might get it if it does.
Is your spouse ok with you spending that much on a bike for someone else?

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the money would be comming from him actually so he'd be buying it but he won't mind it cause it thinks it's good i have a friend and if it helps me go out and be active then it's a good thing. He just bought a new bike anyway.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ummm well we both went to a bike shop the same time that only has trek and scott bikes and we like treks cause that's what we had in hybrid format before and we've heard trek is a good brand. I think he got a trek 4.7 road bike. he just got a bell just like mine yesterday, now we match.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well the money would be comming from him actually so he'd be buying it but he won't mind it cause it thinks it's good i have a friend and if it helps me go out and be active then it's a good thing. He just bought a new bike anyway.

He? You do know the Scott Contessa is their women's line, don't you?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Okay, I was getting mixed up by your pronoun usage, I also didn't know that you were a male or a female.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
i think the trek is a little nicer ride but have no idea what sizes it comes in but would guess every size the scott does. either one will be nice and she should be pretty happy.
your husband seems pretty cool, you are a lucky girl...
if i lived close enough i would go for some rides with you.
let us know what you decide on....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts