Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rear axle snapped the other day. I got an old junk wheel and swapped out the axle on that, but it's bent and causes serious wobbling.

Went to my LBS and asked for an axle set and they looked at me like I was crazy. They only sell complete wheels for some reason? Whatever.

Any good online parts stores you guys can recommend? I looked at amazon and they had some axle sets for $2-$5, but the product descriptions and selection were mediocre at best.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Try, loose screws, small bike parts. I don't know if thay have them or not but it is worth a look

·
zero the hero
75 Posts
All depends on the hub/wheelset brand on if you can get aftermarket parts for it...
Some manufacturers offer replacement parts, some don't.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Try a different LBS. Hopefully, you have one run by an eccentric old guy who has saved every part since the day he opened shop. He's the one who will give you the axle, knowing that he can't possibly sell it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll second bikeparts.com

They're located in a real bike shop in Golden, CO. The service manager Dave knows his **** too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Performancebicycle.com is good for parts. I just came across bicyclerak.com the other day too. It's pretty cool if you are looking to sell a bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts