Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the Toronto International Bike Show with my girlfriend yesterday...just to look around...I SWEAR!!! After about an hour and a half of looking around and bugging the salespeople we walked past a Cannondale dealer from nearby Mississauga. I had been looking at the Synapse Alloy 5 for about 2 months and they had one on display. Well lo and behold my girlfriend asked me if I wanted to take it home:eek: I was flabbergasted and, of course, said yes.

Here it is
I am one very lucky fellow

Now if this Canadian weather would just cooperate.

Cheers,

Brian J.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, the Minister of Finance that is in charge of me has allocated the expenditure for me as well. Great looking bike. My LBS throws their bikes on 10 percent sales every once in a while. Waiting for that to happen.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,623 Posts
that is a sweat ride... very happy for you! i know nothing makes me smile more than new wheels.

·
retromike3
274 Posts
I like the gearing

is that a 32-50? looks like you can go up some steep hills with that gearing. Spin, spin spin!

Mike-retired to the home for the perpetually slow-Frye

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
I'm not sure which is sweeter, the new bike or the girlfriend that cool enough to let you but it! Enjoy!!

·
retromike3
274 Posts
bad weather good bike

what I have been doing as of late is putting my road bike on rollers. I am too far out of shape to ride my fixed so I "ride " my road bike with the little gears. I made up a mpg list with my favorite "road" tunes. I have two sets of tunes, one is twenty minutes and the other is thirty ( I haven't got up to the thirty on yet)the songs are about three minuets long and I have a fast one and then a slow one ect.. I guess its my version of interval training.

It's hard to fall asleep when your riding twenty miles an hour on a foot and a half dowel.

mike

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I had a very nice LeMond Tourmalet before this. I had left it with a friend of mine back in New Jersey whern I moved here to Canada. He had promised to look after it for me until I could come get it....and he sold it.....long story but that is the gist of it...he did get his in the end. My girlfriend is a sure-fire keeper...she got it for me as an early birthday present. I am one very lucky fellow.

Cheers,

Brian J.

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is that a 32-50? looks like you can go up some steep hills with that gearing. Spin, spin spin!

Mike-retired to the home for the perpetually slow-Frye
50/34 front 11-28 rear...the climbing will have to wait and see. I am way out of riding shape right now but the good weather is on its way....at least I hope it is. One never knows up here along Lake Ontario.

Cheers,

Brian J.

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks Xela, he is no longer a friend, in fact he is deceased. No I did not kill him, although I was that angry.

Cheers,

Brian J.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,623 Posts
Thanks Xela, he is no longer a friend, in face he is deceased. No I did not kill him, although I was that angry.

Cheers,

Brian J.
if someone sold my bike i might harm them... i want to say i would not but then i feel bad about lying.
you have a super cool ride now and that will make forgiveness easier.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nice bike. Cool story. Great girlfriend. Shitty friend (I know we shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but...)

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you have a super cool ride now and that will make forgiveness easier.
No it won't. I am a christian man, but such betrayal is hard to forgive. The sad fact is that he had many demons he had to overcome and could not. Having said that, the anger is still there. Perhaps because I never got to confront him about it. I did file a lawsuit but he died before the case could go to court (he fell down his stairs, drunk and high on oxycontin). I would have won too.....more's the pity.

Cheers,

Brian J.

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice bike. Cool story. Great girlfriend. Shitty friend (I know we shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but...)
No worries. I have probably, in fact, almost certainly, said those things you were thinking. As I said in my previous post, such betrayal is hard to get over. And while the new bike hasn't made it easier to forgive (I LOVED my old LeMond), I am working on it and, at least, I do have a nice new bike to ride.

Cheers,

Brian J.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
No it won't. I am a christian man, but such betrayal is hard to forgive. The sad fact is that he had many demons he had to overcome and could not. Having said that, the anger is still there. Perhaps because I never got to confront him about it. I did file a lawsuit but he died before the case could go to court (he fell down his stairs, drunk and high on oxycontin). I would have won too.....more's the pity.

Cheers,

Brian J.
A very wise Buddhist man once said "Anger hurts most those who feel it". Those words absolutely changed my life. Not sure why I've gotten so preachy lately, (perhaps because I've been thinking about all the Japanese Buddhists that perished in the flooding) but I've found that just about anyone, regardless of their religious beliefs, or lack thereof, can gain something from Buddhist teachings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts