Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this discussion before in another forum but it still amazes me this differences that get reported from the same device. The big one to me is always in elevation gain. When I upload a ride to Garmin Connect, Ridewithgps and SportTracks they all show something different.

I'll use my ride today, Garmin connect shows 1244 ft of gain, Ridewithgps shows 1164 and SportTracks says climb - +287 which I have to guess is something a bit different than elevation gain.

Cadence seems to be another one that can report some rather big differences. Again todays ride from Garmin says my avg was 90 and a max of 130 ( which I would have to question) and Ridewithgps shows a rather significant difference of an avg of 81 but reports the max cadence as 130 as well.

I guess it must be in the software and how it interprets what it reads from the device.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If the GPS is computing the altitude its different than any other altitude any other type of map they might be using. MSL or mean sea level is very different than an altitude the GPS reads. First thing is to find out how each site is computing altitude or what its doing with the altitude taken from the GPS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts