Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
That is HUGE, cyclists are the most drug tested athletes in the world and get the most grief about it. I'm glad it is coming around...I hope it keeps up,Euskatel-Eskadi needs to take not...
DrB

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
It still doesn't explain why it's such an issue. Blood doping or otherwise you hear more about it in cycling than anywhere else. Which still begs the question why?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Why is there so much dope in professional Cycling?
Doping happens in all pro sports. It just seems like it's especially prevalent in cycling due to the high level of testing and scrutiny by the governing bodies.
I don't think another sport exists that tests their athletes 100% if they win an event as is done for stage winners in the TdF.

Imagine if major league baseball or the NFL tested all athletes who won a game and then suspended any that tested positive for steroids. Both would be out of business.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I guess cyclists might be more prone to doping since they are enduring physical activity over a much longer stretch of time compared to a football player or baseball player. Whole different ballpark.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great response, Hophead!
I agree, great response Hophead. There is testing in other sports, they just cover it up and nobody knows about it, if they were as open as cycling, their precious sport/jobs would be in danger.

It is so frustrating to see how many athletes have tested positive in the past, but results were never made public until much later, usually after the athlete retires.:mad:

DrB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts