Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

My name is Shawn and I am new to the forum. I have just got back into cycling again and its turning into a very big part of my life now. I always want to be on my bike and when I do, I try to make the time last all day. I have a 2012 Gravity Base Camp 2.0 MTB which I like a lot and soon I am getting a road bike from Gravity as well. I mainly ride rail-to-trail trails but I also do some road biking here and there. I enjoy cycling a lot!

Other than that, I am a full time manager of a security department for a large cable manufacturing plant. I am a full time college student getting a PhD in Management of Emergency Management and Homeland Security. I am 27, a male (single and no kids) and I live in rural southern Illinois, USA. I chase storms and am a SKYWARN storm spotter. I am also a gun nut, a Freemason and a big country boy.

My other hobbies include photography (Nikon D3100 owner) and making websites and message forums.

Thanks for having me and I hope to have a lot of fun here! :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome , Shawn. Sounds like your life is busy but fun. I think you'll like it here.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Welcome Shawn.
I don't know how you find time for hobbies. FT school & FT work!?! There shouldn't be any time left except to eat & sleep.
Lol
Again, welcome. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the nice welcome :)

Welcome, Shawn. Got any cycling adventures you wish to share?
Ive had some good experiences so far, mainly at Tunnel Hill State Trail in southern Illinois, its a Rail to Trail system. I also have been on one organized road bike event (Superman ride 2012/Metropolis, IL) where I did 45 miles out of the goal of 60 miles all on a mountain bike, that was my first road biking experience :)

Welcome Shawn.
I don't know how you find time for hobbies. FT school & FT work!?! There shouldn't be any time left except to eat & sleep.
Lol
Again, welcome. :)
Its possible with online college :D I couldn't do it going to a on-campus college and full time work, that would be quite overwhelming :p So far online is working, I am a straigh-A GPA 4.0 student.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Hey Shawn! I got into cycling for fitness and got hooked too. It is an easy bug to catch. Storm chaser huh? That sounds like a blast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Shawn! I got into cycling for fitness and got hooked too. It is an easy bug to catch. Storm chaser huh? That sounds like a blast.
Yep, been doing it for nearly 15 years now. Tornadoes are a blast when you're not afraid of them :D

Yeah, Omni, that's one job where a little carelessness and you could say "my job just blows me away!!" ;)
Yes, that is right! A lot of the newbies get into bad situations because they make little mistakes, a big mistake would likely get you killed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Hi Shawn....welcome mate. Would love to see some storm pics and stories. If we had the potential here, I would wanna go see...well maybe once. Nearest I have ever got (in the UK) was watching the film 'Twister'. Bit overblown ( no pun intended) but interesting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts