Greetings from a fellow cyclist

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SprocketGirl, Mar 6, 2011.

1. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

well, i ride all the time, from single track, dirt jump, downhill to road. i commute by cycle and don't have a license or car.
    pretty much the only things i like better than cycling are running and eating.
    i found this site and decided to join, thinking it would be nice to hear others opinions on cycling/bikes and such.
    it is always nice to hear about new products and ideas. hopefully i can make a new friend or two and learn a lot about maintenance.
    happy trails

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I'll welcome you a 2nd time. :thumbsup:

3. SprocketGirl

and i will thank you a second time... :)

4. Industry_Hack

By the way, since my blog covers more than just cycling gear, you may see some articles floating around for running and hiking gear too. Except for hardcore roadies, it seems like most cyclists enjoy other outdoor activities too.

5. SprocketGirl

i agree... and i love your blog! very useful and extremely well put together. as for me, i love to trail run and hike. i even like to do a little trout fishing from time to time.

6. DirtyBobbysBikes

DirtyBobbysBikes Rollin Solo like Han...

Hello from California, which can't decide what kind of weather it wants to have, lol.

7. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Welcome Sprocket! Good to see someone jump in and post! To my mind a young person without a car or even a license is rather unique these days. Unless of course you live in a big city.

Anyway Welcome, again.

8. Industry_Hack

One of my sons is putting himself through an engineering school, which makes me pretty proud. When his bike got stolen a bit over a year ago, he asked me to help him find a suitable replacement. So now he rides a Downtube folder, and his girlfriend has her vintage three speed cruiser.

9. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey

10. Garilia

Garilia New Member

Hello from South Park...ing Lot. (South Florida, where they've paved paradise and put up a parking lot)

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome, very cool to have you!

12. SprocketGirl

thanks, and here it is super rare... my friends give me endless amounts of crap for it.... especially when we catch a flick or something an i opt to meet them there via cycle. i really don't even like to ride in cars unless i have to. frankly they are untrustworthy, breakdown too often, false ego giving scary butt things!
    and sedona az is not a big city by a long shot. a cool place to mountain bike and watch the sunset but not much of a city.... i grew up in Maxey-sur-Meuse, France which is a tiny farming village and i believe i was the only one who owned a bike less than twenty years old.....
    anyhow, thanks for the welcoming :D

13. SprocketGirl

thanks for the welcome:D

14. SprocketGirl

lol.... thanks for welcoming me in:D

15. SprocketGirl

thanks!!!! :D

16. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

Welcome Sprocketgirl! Happy posting, hope to see you around the forum and weighing in on your opinion on all things cycling, sounds like you have some good experience to share.

17. ksr5

ksr5 Active Member Tavern Member

new to site also

Hi everyone I got back on a bike 2 years ago when I turned 50 and love it found this site and joined hope to meet and make friends.

18. Industry_Hack

19. SprocketGirl

welcome, glad you are back cycling.
    glad to chat anytime.