Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been lurking about for the last month and guess that it is time for me to introduce myself. I am a recently retired sixty year old long time biker who has biked up and down the east coast (anyone remember the East Coast Bike Trail?) on my beautiful old Austro-Daimler with a Reynolds 531 frame, top of the line (for 1972) Suntour brakes and a still well functioning Huret derailleur . Biking had become absent from my life during the last 10 - 15 years. One of my sons recently got me back on the saddle and there has been no looking back. I had forgotten the sheer joy of sitting atop a quality bike and enjoying the sun as it comes up over the ocean or open field. After three months and building up to a consistent 120 - 150 miles weekly I recently rewarded myself with a new black Bianchi Infinito Ultegra and am enjoying it beyond belief.

I think that this is a great forum and look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Thanks,

Johnny G

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Welcome!! Nice numbers for weekly totals! Glad you have decided to come for front and and take part in a great forum!

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Welcome Jrgmcd.

Nice introduction. You easily showed your passion and love for riding and your old wheels and more so with the new addition to your family.

Enjoy the new ride!
Keep us posted with updates and photos.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SixtyPlus said:
Welcome to the group from another Bianchi rider. Nice choice for your new ride.
Thanks. Love the Infinito but almost feel guilt for not riding the Austro-Daimler as much - that bike is like a part of me. Just came in from a nice 32 mile morning ride. What model Bianchi do you ride?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dos_Ruedas said:
Welcome Jrgmcd.

Nice introduction. You easily showed your passion and love for riding and your old wheels and more so with the new addition to your family.

Enjoy the new ride!
Keep us posted with updates and photos.
Thanks. That's a nice bike in your photo. Looked seriously at a Roubaix before going with my Bianchi. How do you like the Roubaix?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
jrgmcd said:
Thanks. That's a nice bike in your photo. Looked seriously at a Roubaix before going with my Bianchi. How do you like the Roubaix?
I love it.
Still fine tuning the adjustment after every couple hundred miles or so. It is unbelievably superior to my old Trek 2200.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice choice in steed to get back in the saddle. I have a soft spot for Bianchi. . .

Enjoy your time here, its a great group of folks and they are always willing to help solve any problems you may encounter.

I'd highly suggest swinging by the fitness subforum as well as the mechanic's bench.

Welcome!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome, Jrgmcd. I lurked for a while, too. It's more fun to jump in and participate.

Good thing about bikes is they don't get jealous when you add another one to the stable.

Here's to many happy miles upon your new ride.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
omnivox42 said:
Welcome. Like your bike, do you have any pictures?
Thanks for the welcome. I am working on some pics...hopefully soon but would rather be riding than figuring out how to best send photos. Any suggestions?

It's getting cold in the mornings...42 at the beginning of yesterday's ride. Need some winter gear!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts