Greetings from St. Louis

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Reesh, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Reesh

Reesh and Monkeypants

I'm an 8th grade science teacher from St. Louis, MO. I ride my bike to school as many days as I can manage, I also coach our school's rec and fit cycling program in the fall and help coach our high school's road racing team in the spring. I am currently without a mountain bike, much to my dismay, but I have a beauty on layaway!

Aside from bikes, I absolutely love to cook (which goes hand and hand with the cycling) :D and I also love hiking, camping, swimming, canoing/kayaking, movies, knitting, blowing bubbles at my cat and chasing after/photographing excellent sunset/sunrise views.

Also, I already posted pics of my bikes in the "let's see the bikes" thread.

2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Welcome

Welcome to Two Spoke, lots of good people here, with a lot of helpful info...
    Nice to have new people, and teachers are some of the best people around..how is biking in St Louis??
    DrB

3. Reesh

Reesh and Monkeypants

Shockingly enough St. Louis is all right. I find that cars are usually as courteous to me as I am to them... no near misses in the city so far. The county, particularly the farther west you travel can get a little hairy. Even though the roads are wider, people tend to be less tolerant of cyclists whether they're following the rules of the road or not.

There was a time when I foolishly thought St. Louis was flat. So foolish! This was before I moved here of course... the city is fairly rolling and you can get a great climbing workout if you know where to look around here!

4. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

but chocolate will solve everything...especially dark chocolate....