Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum the other day and decided to add it to my other cycling forums. I'm seeing some names from my other forum groups, so "Hi, guys!"

·
Two skinny J's
21,433 Posts
Waz Up John? Welcome to TwoSpoke!

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dos_Ruedas said:
Welcome aboard.

Have you had a chance to ride this week?
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I am retired and ride 30-40 miles every day on my road bike. 2,384 miles so far this year. I dislocated my shoulder this morning while riding at a MUP and trying to avoid getting hit by a car exiting the one-way parking lot who going the wrong way. I hope to be back on the bike within a week or two at the most. At least I got in 22 miles before I had to dump the bike to avoid hitting him.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
John.
That's a load of mikes for early season. What do you average a year?
Speedy recovery to you.
Will the driver be cited?

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dos_Ruedas said:
John.
That's a load of mikes for early season. What do you average a year?
Speedy recovery to you.
Will the driver be cited?
Last year I did almost 6,000 miles between the Defy and the Cypress, but I was still working and did my rides after work. I also didn't ride as many miles per day because of time limits (getting dark) so I made up the miles on the weekends and doing charity rides (9 last year). Since I retired in October of last year, I have been doing an average of 30-40 miles a day and have also done four charity rides this year of 100 K or more. All this started 2 1/2 years ago when my wife bought me a comfort bike for my 63rd birthday. I gave that bike to my brother, bought a hybrid and now have two road bikes. I'm thinking of selling the Defy since I don't ride it very much after buying the Colnago.

Thanks for the good wishes. The crash happened on private property and law enforcement won't respond unless there is a death or near-death situation. It happened at the wilderness MUP where I do my daily rides, and unfortunately, I couldn't see his tag while I was lying on the ground.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamp, looks like you are racking up some miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts