Greetings from the Lone Star State.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TRAILBLAZER86, Aug 27, 2009.

1. TRAILBLAZER86

TRAILBLAZER86 New Member

Hello everyone, I'm from Texas, well central Texas. I like to bike for the trill, actually I never rode a bike until I decided to learn at the age of 17. My father taught me how to ride. My first ride at 21 yrs old was an old school huffy bike. Which I still have sitting in my garage. During my first few times riding, I managed to keep the bike steady, but after riding and getting to know the bike it was my new best friend. My parents help me purchase a Scott Aspect 55 for my birthday. So now can't wait to get off work to hop on my bike and hit the park or trails or streets or anywhere there's rocks and dirt. It's just so awesome how bikes are so useful. Not just for recreation but a means of transportation, especially when you car trouble. So that's me, a young Texan man that loves his bikes.

2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Where in Central Texas, that is a big area? Welcome to Two spoke, you'll find some interesting and fun people and will learn a lot about bikes. Glad to see ya, enjoy the group.

DrB

3. TRAILBLAZER86

TRAILBLAZER86 New Member

Austin, Texas

Yah Texas is pretty big, here in central Texas is nicknamed Hill country of Texas. Because it reminds you of California, in fact we get a lot of people from California and they fall in love with it.

Thank you, I will enjoy my stay.:D

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Hays County dweller here.

5. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Only place I've been in Texas was San Antonio (your home Dean?), 1972, in the Army, Ft Sam. I got there at night, next morning, scared the hell out of me, I had never seen so much FLAT country, was there 4months and never got used no mountains on the horizen. I live in the Sierras, about 4000ft, goes over 9000 within 35 miles(some ugly climes) does Texas have mountains that high? Actually in hindsight, Texas was a kinda cool place, especially the river walk, as long as the Military wasn't involved.:D

DrB

6. TxCyclist

I lived in S.A. for some time. It's unique because S.A. is topographically in a bowl. You go 20 minutes Northwest and it's all Hill Country.

7. TRAILBLAZER86

TRAILBLAZER86 New Member

Thanks!

I'm just north of you in Williamson County!:D

8. TRAILBLAZER86

TRAILBLAZER86 New Member

Well I don't know how high they are but it can get pretty hilly. Especially from Lago Vista, Marble Falls and west Austin around highway 360 Capital Texas Highway.
    Here are some pictures of Marble falls which is north of Austin from central Texas.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  9. TxCyclist

Georgetown? I grew up in Gtown.

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've lived in Wilco, Travis and Hays. Currently in Travis. Can't stay away from Austin. I leave and it keeps calling me back. Some of the coolest people in the world, If you like dirty hippies.

11. TRAILBLAZER86

TRAILBLAZER86 New Member

No I'm in Cedar Park.:)

12. TRAILBLAZER86

TRAILBLAZER86 New Member

WOW what a small small world we live. So at least three people reside in central Texas. Coooool:cool:

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I think it's more than that. Fair weather and wide open spaces are conducive to outdoor activity. I've never lived in Cedar Park though I spent time there.

14. Don

Don NC Road Biker