Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just joining the group. A little about me. I live in Dover, Pa. Married 43 years, 2 children, 7 grandchildren. I used to bike with my son as he was growing up. We did many centuries together. He grew up, I stopped biking and got very fat. 290 lbs. 4 years ago I had my aortic valve replaced and the doctor told me to change my life style. Long story short, I did. I lost 120 lbs and began exercising like a wild man. I bike every chance I get no matter what the temperature. I'm addicted to biking. I have several bikes, my favorite is a 75th anniversary Schwinn Paramount. I ride it all the time. On the trails I ride a Gary Fisher 29er. I just returned from Colorado where I mountain biked with guys a lot younger than me. We had a great time. I'm excited to be part of the group. Talk to you all later.
Hondo

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
exercising like a wild man.
Great story, Hondo! Welcome to TwoSpoke. It's good to have you!

Just be careful about using "wild" man. We already have a "Wild" on here, and I'm not sure how he is on copyright/trademark issues. :)

Look forward to hearing from you. Hope the weather where you are is as nice as it is here today. About to head out and take advantage of it.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here. Sounds like you made a pretty good turn around in health. Sometimes all it takes is a near tragedy to get us thinking about how much we should take care of ourselves. It is always good to hear how it worked for some people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts