Greetings to all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hondo, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Hondo

Hondo Guest

I'm just joining the group. A little about me. I live in Dover, Pa. Married 43 years, 2 children, 7 grandchildren. I used to bike with my son as he was growing up. We did many centuries together. He grew up, I stopped biking and got very fat. 290 lbs. 4 years ago I had my aortic valve replaced and the doctor told me to change my life style. Long story short, I did. I lost 120 lbs and began exercising like a wild man. I bike every chance I get no matter what the temperature. I'm addicted to biking. I have several bikes, my favorite is a 75th anniversary Schwinn Paramount. I ride it all the time. On the trails I ride a Gary Fisher 29er. I just returned from Colorado where I mountain biked with guys a lot younger than me. We had a great time. I'm excited to be part of the group. Talk to you all later.
    Hondo

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Great story, Hondo! Welcome to TwoSpoke. It's good to have you!

Just be careful about using "wild" man. We already have a "Wild" on here, and I'm not sure how he is on copyright/trademark issues. :)

Look forward to hearing from you. Hope the weather where you are is as nice as it is here today. About to head out and take advantage of it.

3. crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead Guest

welcome fellow grandpa!!

4. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Sounds like you made a pretty good turn around in health. Sometimes all it takes is a near tragedy to get us thinking about how much we should take care of ourselves. It is always good to hear how it worked for some people.