Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm retired US Army, 20 years and a disabled, but not handicap Veteran. Full time commuter trying to stay in shape and maintain my weight. Currently in Houston, TX (for now) but who can say where I be next year? :D

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hey Moto, welcome!

I'm a one of these days to be retired US Army, 21.5 years.

I don't commute on the bike though, I hit the dirt - trails, singletrack in my opinion so much more safer than the road... those 4-wheeled people scare the crud out of me.

your in the right place though, this group is very pro-roadie. again, welcome thank you for your service!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Moto, welcome!

I'm a one of these days to be retired US Army, 21.5 years.

I don't commute on the bike though, I hit the dirt - trails, singletrack in my opinion so much more safer than the road... those 4-wheeled people scare the crud out of me.

your in the right place though, this group is very pro-roadie. again, welcome thank you for your service!
Thank you, Sir. A smile and a salute to you as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome. You'll maintain your weight just fine if you're a full time commuter. I can't seem to gain any weight.
Thanks, I've biked off and on since I got my first bike in 1972, stationed in Hawaii while in the Army. A Raleigh 10 spd. That was high-tech back then. Stayed with it off and on until I retired in 1991. Yeah. I am that old. Picked up again about 2000 until 2008 and I weighed 175 when I stopped. (I'm 6ft.) Took 3 years off and when I started back in March I was 225. I'm 200 now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks, I've biked off and on since I got my first bike in 1972, stationed in Hawaii while in the Army. A Raleigh 10 spd. That was high-tech back then. Stayed with it off and on until I retired in 1991. Yeah. I am that old. Picked up again about 2000 until 2008 and I weighed 175 when I stopped. (I'm 6ft.) Took 3 years off and when I started back in March I was 225. I'm 200 now.
Hehe, you retired the year I was born. What weight are you trying to get to? I was 220 on New Years, and have been sitting at 165 for a month or so now.

·
173 Posts
Welcome aboard. This forum is great, doesn't matter if your a roadie,uno cycle, mtn.
or what here, as long as you ride & enjoy bikes & riding.
Thanks for "Standing Tall" all those years!

·
Registered
927 Posts
You retired a year after I joined.
Other than Hawaii where else did you serve? MOS etc...

I'm a 91X (Maintenance Supervisor)[New MOS to you- was once 63B]
I've Homesteaded at Fort Bragg, NC for the last 16 years..82nd Airborne Division in a few different units. Before I came to Bragg I was stationed at Fort Campbell, KY and Fort Richardson, AK.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You retired a year after I joined.
Other than Hawaii where else did you serve? MOS etc...

I'm a 91X (Maintenance Supervisor)[New MOS to you- was once 63B]
I've Homesteaded at Fort Bragg, NC for the last 16 years..82nd Airborne Division in a few different units. Before I came to Bragg I was stationed at Fort Campbell, KY and Fort Richardson, AK.
When I retired I was a 91C3H. All the MOS's have changed now so I would now be either a 66W or 66Z. More than likely a 66Z. Other than Hawaii? Ft. Polk, Ft. Jackson, WRAMC (Washington, D.C.), Ft. Sam Houston, Germany, Then back to WRAMC, with a little side trip TDY to Desert Shield/Storm. Retired 6 months after I got back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts