Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to this forum, and relatively new to the sport. I started mountain biking this summer at state parks near Fort Worth and have recently become interested in road biking. There are lots of trails in and around Dallas and I'm always looking for biking buddies.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well as a relatively new member of the DFW metroplex, I was surprised just how many places there are to ride here. Being a gray haired old guy, I am not too fast, not too brave and you see my picture next to Fred in any cycling book, but I do have fun when I get to ride. You ridden Sampson Park yet on your mountain bike??? Lots of places to ride road bikes. I am about an hour from Denton just south of Ft Worth a few miles off 35W. I am lucky to live in the boonies and I can leave from the front door. Still I have had a few close calls, the last one being with a skunk. Welcome

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Mark - I haven't been to Sampson Park yet. I bought my FUJI Odessa 1.0 at the beginning of this summer and spent a few weekends at Cleburne State Park before moving to Denton for a new job. I'll check it out though, happy trails!

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Well a BIG HOWDY and welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts