Grinding

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by threesixty, Jul 8, 2009.

1. threesixty

threesixty Guest

I have an old GT bike with pegs on it, I was wondering what does everyone practice grinding on and do I need some kind of special wax to do this?

Would you use the bubble style pegs or the ones that are about an inch in diameter? Also I have seen pegs that were shaped like half moons but were grindable and hooked onto the back of the frame after bolting in......

2. Brian P

Brian P New Member

steel or plastic pegs are best for grinding all around. alloy "bubble"ones are mainly for flatland use and dont slide as well. smaller alloy ones are good for grinding on steel surfaces

no wax needed

for street, its best to learn feebles first (where the front wheel is rolling on the grind surface and the back peg is whats grinding) thenyou can learn other variations from there

the half moon things are for flatland use also and where only popular up until 88 or so

3. machine

machine Guest

Is it feasible to grind on the half moon pegs?

4. Brian P

Brian P New Member

if you are reffering to the (framestanders) that bolt to the axle then 1/2 moon wrap over the frame.....

no not designed for grinding and either you or the bike will probably get hurt in trying it with them on.

also, if you are going to be riding hard, you may want to consider trading your GT away for a newer model bike that can take more abuse of todays style riding.

5. Bebop

Bebop Guest

BMX Riders?

Just wondering how many people here still ride BMX's with all of the other types of bike becoming popular these days...?

6. vassago

vassago pedal pusher

who needs pegs?? all you really need is a dropout to grind on!

i do run pegs most of the time