Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a real good ride Monday 25 miles, realy good ride . came in and had lunch 2 griled cheese with hot peper and garlic, I realy like my Grilled cheese. Started to clean up and the room was spining and I felt nausious, I made it to the phone and called my wife, who came right home and called the DR. he asked some questions and told her to get some Meclizne and come to the office Tuesday, Went yesterday he said take more of this med and come back in 2 weeks, allso no riding the bike no drive the truck :hate: so I am here for a wile siting and spinning :D

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks every one. I did see the DR. yesterday and he said Vertigo. I just had all my blood work done about 2 weeks ago,it did come back a little animic and blood sugar was slitely elevated. I asked if that had anything to do with this, he said no it is Vertigo. Hope I will be ok to ride in a week or so. I love being on the bike, but at 65 I can see it an't going to be smoth ride. I am takeing Meclizine HCI 25mg 4 times a day

·
A Red Headed Stepchild
164 Posts
I love being on the bike, but at 65 I can see it an't going to be smoth ride.
Wild, I am 5 years older than you and I am here to tell you that it isn't easy and some times it isn't fun but it is always worth the effort.

Eat right, drink adult malt beverages and ride your ass off.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Thanks every one. I did see the DR. yesterday and he said Vertigo. I just had all my blood work done about 2 weeks ago,it did come back a little animic and blood sugar was slitely elevated. I asked if that had anything to do with this, he said no it is Vertigo. Hope I will be ok to ride in a week or so. I love being on the bike, but at 65 I can see it an't going to be smoth ride. I am takeing Meclizine HCI 25mg 4 times a day
Sorry to hear it. I put up with vertigo. I've been married almost five years, and I when I get it in the night I wake up screaming for my grandmother until I can get reoriented, at which point I have to get up and shower due to the intense sweating, then it usually takes me a good hour before I feel well enough to go back to bed.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've had vertigo a couple of times. Each time, it lasted about a week, and I was too sick for 3 or 4 days to even get out of bed. Sometimes it is caused by an inner ear infection, sometimes it's because of inflammation or a virus. I've heard it said that the bones in your inner ear can get misplaced, but I don't know if I believe that one. No matter what, I never found what caused my cases, and it's been over a decade since the last episode.

·
Registered
657 Posts
What is vertigo exactly? Did your Doc say?
I am not a doctor but my father has battled Vertigo for a while now and the way it was described to me is: your inner ear acts as a gyroscope for the body, telling your brain which way is up and which way is down. When you get Vertigo, that gyroscope gets knocked all out of whack causing the body to get disoriented. Needless to say, dizziness is the most common symptom followed by headaches and nausea. The only time I have had Vertigo was while scuba diving....or when I had to much of the malted beverage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts