Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Headshok is dead. Again. I haven't taken it in to see how much a rebuild would be, because I'm not that fond of it any more, and I'm tired of throwing money at it. So I started to look for a replacement.

On eBay, I found the same Headshok, but it needs a rebuild too. $200. Pfft!

Have to stay under 100mm travel, so I don't totally pooch my geometry. Lots of decent forks (this bike only sees light trail and commuter duty) available, but most are disc only. That would require purchasing a set of disc brakes, which I'm on with. But the Cannondale hubs are the 4 bolt ones. It's easier to get a new set of wheels than find rotors. Oh, and $40 for the fork adapter too.

Maybe it's time for a new ride?

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
;)Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go new. Can you say 29er!!!!

·
73 Posts
Tell me more of what happens with the fork?
Is it leaking oil or not holding air?
Quite often these forks leak air through the valve under the fork due to the valve deteriorating, once replaced this sometimes fixes them.

I recently rebuilt a 1997 Cannondale F700 and the fork wouldn't inflate, turns out it was the damn pump. Rock shox pumps wouldn't inflate the fork pressure so I used a Taiwanese generic pump and the fork held pressure perfectly :)

·
73 Posts
Try this, remove front wheel.
Remove old air valve from under the fork.
Fit new valve (can be taken from auto valve tube)
Fit valve cap,
Inflate and ride merrily?

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I have it off and all apart. Can't find a shock pump, so need to go to the LBS and see what they think. Love the performance as far as rigidity, but can't stand the hassles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts