GT Bikes

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by Sludge, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Sludge

Sludge Guest

Has anyone ever had a GT racing bike? I had a freestyle one once but it turned out to be horribly manufactured and I heard they went out of business.

2. Hamburger

Hamburger Guest

How well did the GT Dyno do? I never had one

3. keving

keving Guest

GT bikes are still in business and make a great racing bike. Last years Mens Olympic silver medalist and the womens Bronze medalist were riding GT's, both Americans!

4. oldshoolelf

oldshoolelf Guest

GT

The GT company did go under for a wile but they are back now. The reason that people did not like GT bikes is due to the fact that they had some cheap parts such as hubs cranks levers breaks and the sweap on the bars I did not like the frames were great for flatland such as the Vertigo. It was a matter of better parts in my opinion I have a Robinson I got in a yard sale for 10 dollars I threw away most all of it. I kept the frame fork seat clamp and stem cleaned everything sand blasted the frame had it powder coated red and put about 850.00 dollars into it. It was well worth it. It rides great, and its beutifull.

5. oldshoolelf

oldshoolelf Guest

Dyno

Same story cheap parts on those Dynos. The Dyno VFR frame was OK.

6. ninjaduckofdoom

ninjaduckofdoom New Member

I race a 2009 GT pro xl and its the best bike ive ever owned, its so light, 21lbs stock built up, it came stock wit tubular alluminum forks, 5 bolt crank, all sealed bearings, the stock hubs are almost as good as micro cassets and it rides like butter

7. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Post a pic in our cycle registry (http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f133/). Good to have you at TwoSpoke. Think you're in the running for most creative screen-name. :thumbsup:

8. ninjaduckofdoom

ninjaduckofdoom New Member

as soon as it stops freakin raining here ill get a couple pics up

9. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 New Member

I love gt bikes, that's what I started on and I have several, I've even still got my 99 speed series team frame and one of the Jeremy McGrath signature "showtime" bikes.