Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, my name is Brandon. Originally I'm from Loveland, Colorado, currently going to school in Leadville, CO. I ride a 2007 Yeti AS-X with Totem 2-Step Air (the new version) it's getting Stroker Aces, blah blah blah as well as some old mtb from the 80's that I got for free that someone had converted to single speed so I painted it and made it my cruiser bike. As well as mountain biking, I also enjoy fly fishing, snowboarding, hunting/guns, and Jeeps (Yes, I have expensive hobbies). I'm not a stranger to forums, I'm pretty active on Jeepforum.com, cherokeeforum.com, and to a lesser extent, pinkbike.com. Here's some pictures of the whip:

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Welcome! As I wipe the drool from my chin, nice ride! I used to have a Jeep addiction as well. Stak this, articulate that, 4 cylinder to injected SBC...it just never ended. Anyway, WELCOME!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome to another forum! I guess in Colorado you pretty much need a MTB! That Jeep thing is like shower fungus - you can never get rid of it!

·
OTR-MTB and Fitness
85 Posts
Hi Brandon, I'm new here to, but Welcome. I get up to Love land sometimes. Can you tell me a good place to ride some trail, especially if its in bike range of the Johnstown truck stop (Johnson's Corner)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I went to Loveland I think it was years ago to pick up an airplane. I stumbled in what must have been the only topless doughnut shop in the country at about 7 am without realizing it. I just thought it was a doughnut shop where Debbie made the doughnuts. Welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rola, Thanks! And yeah, I'm on my third Jeep. 88 YJ, 91 XJ, and currently 00 WJ. I'll post some pics if anyone cares.

BubbleHead, The Devil's Backbone is straight west at the base of the foothills on 34. I've been riding that trail since I was in single digits, could almost do it in my sleep. I haven't ridden it in a while though, kinda getting tired of it frankly. Fun Fact: Some guy around there owns a zebra! Believe me if you want, but I've seen it right off the trail. If you feel like driving a little further, up the Poudre Canyon is some good riding. IMHO, Hewlett Gulch has one of the best descents in northern Colorado at the top. I'm always up for a ride!

Hack, yeah it's a little lacking in the air department up here, but you get acclimated in a few days or so, if you're from CO or somewhere fairly high that is! The first two pictures are actually of a trail that is right on campus. There is some pretty good stuff around here and that particular one is a great descent as well. Actually that is the one that I blew a line on my rear Code 5 coming down :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts