Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding today, I loaded my Trek 2.3 bicycle up into my truck and came home. As I was unloading it, I noticed chewing gum all over my wheel, tire, brakes, spokes. I have never had this happen. What can I use and how do I clean the chewing gum off my parts? It is an aluminum framed bicycle. I have thought about ice, but I don't really want to scrap it, even if it's with my fingernails. Not only that, I couldn't get an ice cube on all the gum. Someone help me please!!!!!!!!! :(

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,506 Posts
Goo Gone. You can get it at auto parts stores I think or WalMart.

Home - Goo Gone

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you jeepster, but I have already used the Goo Gone and it worked like a charm. I was a bit concerned about using it as well, but I didn't over apply it and used only enough to get the job done. I had thought about the ice cube trick, but I was a little worried about scratching it off due to the fact I was afraid I would chip the paint. There were a couple of spots where the ice cube would not have reached so I would have had to use something else anyhow. Thank you for your response though, it was a great idea as well as the Goo stuff. :)

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
when I got gum on my cleats out at the baseball field I used to rub ice on it for awhile and it peeled off much easier, wasn't sticky either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts