Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Just Plain Bitter!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from a friend with a Colt 1911 XSE for sale. Couldn't help myself at the price so I jumped on it. Going to go to the gun shop and do the transfer tomorrow. Dang its purty!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not a fan of Jammers, as I call them.
I'm a revolver guy.
Ruger Blackhawk .41 Mag and S&W N-Frame .41 Mag to be precise...

·
Registered
148 Posts
My unsolicited two cents? I don't see what place gun talk has on a cycling forum. I have other opinions on guns and their owners, but since nobody asked, I'll keep those to myself.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Yeah, like bicycles and sax don't mix. (Hey, it's big band nite here; I've got sax on the brain!)
Nice play on those words there Grand :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
My unsolicited two cents? I don't see what place gun talk has on a cycling forum. I have other opinions on guns and their owners, but since nobody asked, I'll keep those to myself.
Didja happen to notice the title of this forum?

(Hint: OFF-Topic. ie: not bikes.)

·
Just Plain Bitter!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it is why they called this particular part of the forum "Off Topic". All are entitled to their opinion and I would not ask you to change that ever. It's what makes this country great. I ask that you respect mine to do so also. There was no need for you to type anything in this thread at all.

I am sure all of us have other loves other than cycling. I thought this would be the place to express that. I personally have a number of interests outside of cycling. I love Deep sea fishing more than I love cycling. I like the art of tattooing and have been studying it for many years. I happen to like hand guns as well, not a long gun guy for the most part. I have few that I use for another hobby that I am sure would bring more ire then the Colt 1911 picture I posted here. I am not a flag waving NRA member mind you and don't go off about my rights to a weapon but there is something so relaxing sitting down after sending a couple of hundred rounds of lead down range! I live in California so owning most weapons people have a problem with are already out of the question here and I am okay with that. All are entitled to their opinion and would not ask you to change that ever. It's what makes this country great.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
The state of California still lets people own guns? ;) I was shocked to find that in my state, you can buy just about any gun you want, with hi-cap mags, even a .50 rifle, and take it home that day. You're looking at a couple months waiting for paperwork to go through if you want a machine gun though.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Post about your love for bikes and bicyclists' right to the road in your gun forum and see well how that goes. Don't forget to include a picture of you in your lycra shorts with legs freshly shaved. :D

·
Just Plain Bitter!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Post about your love for bikes and bicyclists' right to the road in your gun forum and see well how that goes. Don't forget to include a picture of you in your lycra shorts with legs freshly shaved. :D
As long as I was posting in "Off Topic" forum such as this I don't see a problem. I have had many conversations about cycling in car forums and gun forums. So please, if you have nothing positive to add to the thread don't add anything. It's like your and my mother told us when were were little "If you don't have anything good to say. Don't say anything at all" And what is this Lycra you speak of? I wear skinny jeans on cool days and jorts on the hotter days to ride in!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I didn't realize you were so sensitive. My comment was a lighthearted attempt at humor. I'm sorry I offended you. Don't shoot me!

Jeans are the worst pants to wear on a bike saddle, cowboy. Do you enjoy sitting on that hard nub where all the doubled seams come together?

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts
"What is this gun control?"

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts