Two Spoke Forums banner

21 - 40 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't but have thought about it. You never know what level of crazy or beast you are going to encounter on a ride and I would rather be prepared and not need it than the other way around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That bear just wants to lick people
My friend has a huge dog that does that all the time.

The slobber dries, then it reactivates when you go try to wash your hands, and it has the consistensy of motor oil. YUCK!!! And all he wants to do is lick your face and hands until you forcibly stop him.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I might be packing again this weekend. I have a 62 mile ride through mostly forest service roads mapped out. Pretty much the middle of nowhere and I have yet to find someone to go with me. The 6800 feet of vertical has scared off a few. So, if it is just me, I want it to be just me and my pistol. More peace of mind than anything (I hope).

·
38 Posts
I carried my 9mm on a few rides. Not so much because I felt threatened on the ride but because I didn't want to leave it locked in the car just to get stolen. Where I lived it wasn't smart to leave home without my weapon.

That being said, I believe as long as you are carrying legally and safely then it's no one else's business. It's up the the individual rider to deal with the comfort, accessibility and extra weight.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Yup, In America I had a 9 for the city and 357 for the deserts. (That way I can give them a running start)

I carry numchucks here in my van & pickup and a little round stick in my bike!

·
Registered
8 Posts
maybe if your biking through compton, but i bet a knife is good enough
The old saying "dont bring a knife to a gun fight" comes to mind.

Has anyone ever watched the show "I survived" where the people are attacked by strangers at random and the hell they were put throught. My feeling on this is you just never know and do you want to be at the recieving end?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I went back and read the thread and it seems most of you carry firearms for protection from animals and not people, is that safe to say?

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Animals are fine, it's the people you got to watch!!!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I went back and read the thread and it seems most of you carry firearms for protection from animals and not people, is that safe to say?
Where I live, I'm statistically more likely to encounter a bear with an attitude than a bad guy with a gun.

A co-worker lost her nephew to a bear on Father's Day a few years ago, during a camping trip.

21 - 40 of 176 Posts