Two Spoke Forums banner

61 - 80 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
The right that preserves my freedom is one reason to carry. Animals another. Human animals another. It seems to me that I would rather be caught with one and not need it then without and need it.

I honestly feel it is the duty of every American to Cary a firearm. That's the reason it was written in to the constitution. Preservation of freedom only happens through a well armed ,educated populace.
If you're trying to get into a political debate/fight about this, sorry, not going to bite. And I'm sure the admins./mods would rather we not engage in such.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Nope no trolling. Telling you why I carry. Don't care if you do or not. Being a victim is not always a choice but some times it is.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I don't know Brian, they are your exes for a reason. Are you or did you get Married? I thought I read that some where.

Free: Like I said no trolling. I went back and read it and can see where it could be considered hostile. I'm not forcing my views on any one. I believe in the right to carry and the right not to carry. Any action forced on a populace is in direct contradiction to freedom. I just believe firearms make us a little more free. Even if it is only through a violent medium, which I do see as limiting. Until a better one comes along, I think we are all limited.

·
Registered
37 Posts
LOL, . . . "future ex wives" . . . that's funny. :D I've always been a gun owner since I was in the USAF, but I doubt I would take it with me on a leisurely bike ride. It would either be stolen if it was unloaded, or I would probably accidentally shoot myself if it was loaded. They have concealed-carry here, but I never take them out of the house unless for target practice.

In general, if you act like you are supposed to be where you are and have a purpose, bad neighborhoods aren't as bad as they seem. But if you exhibit fear then you are doomed. Same for human animals too. :D

Steve

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
For the record, something like an Airweight doesn't even print, and is hardly noticeable in a pants pocket.

*Not my gun, and not a fan of the site I lifted this image from.

·
Registered
39 Posts
arrying a concealed weapon

is why as a Canadian I don't vacation in the US. A minor fenderbender can become really serious if one is carrying a concealed weapon.

·
12,350 Posts
is why as a Canadian I don't vacation in the US. A minor fenderbender can become really serious if one is carrying a concealed weapon.
Hmm. So Canadians don't have knives, bats, tire irons, or anything else that can be used as a weapon? A violent person is going to be violent, regardless of whether he has a weapon at hand or not. But generally speaking, anyone carrying legally is likely to be far more polite than your average motorist. I wouldn't risk my permit over some trivial matter like getting cut off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
And

the American attitude comes through....I need something to protect myself with.??? Why not just remove yourself from the potential danger....Do you think that the guy driving a car cares what you have to protect yourself? They'll just use that 3000 lb weapon that they have control over and attack you with it...Do you think any weapon you might carry is going to protect you....Even a gun isn't going to save you..... Best to use your mind instead of weapon.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
the American attitude comes through....I need something to protect myself with.??? Why not just remove yourself from the potential danger....Do you think that the guy driving a car cares what you have to protect yourself?
Yes

They'll just use that 3000 lb weapon that they have control over and attack you with it...Do you think any weapon you might carry is going to protect you
Yes

....Even a gun isn't going to save you..... Best to use your mind instead of weapon.
Use both.

·
Registered
870 Posts
They'll just use that 3000 lb weapon that they have control over and attack you with it...
What makes you think drivers have control over a 3,000 pound weapon when they are attacking you with it?

Are you alluding to this never happening in Canada? If Canada is such a mecca for cycling where things like this never happen why haven't we heard better things about it?

·
12,350 Posts
It's interesting that people that choose to exercise their right to legally carry (which varies by state) are often cast in a negative light.

Criminals carry, and it's not for protection. Concealed carry without a permit, or by a convicted felon, is a crime. So they are breaking the law with the sole intent of breaking other laws. Those that carry legally are not cowboys looking for a gunfight. No one I know even wants to have to draw their weapon, and does their best to avoid confrontation. But presented with a situation where the choice is to use deadly force, or be a victim of rape or murder, they've chosen the opportunity to defend themselves.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
The one time I thought I was going to have to pull a gun was when I worked grave yard shift at a corner store and a lunatic kept charging at my store and reaching behind him for something, threatening to kill me. I seriously thought I was going to have to kill some one. I locked the door and called the cops as he started charging towards the windows. He heard the sirens and ran like hell and lucky for me I didn't have to kill him. I still threw up uncontrollably for hours after wards and the thought of the encounter makes me ill to think of ,but if came down to him being crazy and murdering me or me getting to see my daughter again there wasn't a choice. Still isn't. I don't want to kill any one but I want my daughter to have a Dad. I don't choose what they carry. I choose what I carry.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
the American attitude comes through....I need something to protect myself with.??? Why not just remove yourself from the potential danger....Do you think that the guy driving a car cares what you have to protect yourself? They'll just use that 3000 lb weapon that they have control over and attack you with it...Do you think any weapon you might carry is going to protect you....Even a gun isn't going to save you..... Best to use your mind instead of weapon.
Obviously, you're not familiar with Dirty Harry.

Seriously, we should be less concerned with defending ourselves while riding our bikes and more concerned with defending our northern border...eh?;)
I think the weather that we're having down here is some kind of Canadian meteorological warfare.

61 - 80 of 176 Posts