Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the new H&R Block commercial for tax returns that is in the bike shop?

Clerk tells her that the bike has the "latest spec gears" or something similar.

Too bad the bike he's talking to her about appears to be a SS or Fixie.

Nothing worse than a company using a bike in a commercial with gross inaccuracies.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
The Trek District is a single-speed, belt drive urban bike. The belt is carbon. About $1100 MSRP.

I actually enjoyed seeing a bike not being marginalized in mainstream communication.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
The Trek District is a single-speed, belt drive urban bike. The belt is carbon. About $1100 MSRP.

I actually enjoyed seeing a bike not being marginalized in mainstream communication.
I saw one at a local bike shop - this guy turned to his girlfriend and said "It's a fixed gear". He's in the know, fo sho.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I saw that same commercial and wanted to comment on it here. Only problem was I couldn't remember what the commercial was for. Not very effective advertising, I guess.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Yea but you remberd the bike, that is what counts :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone just told me about this commercial this morning, my husband designed that bike, so I wanted to show the video to him. We had no idea they were using it for that commercial, pretty cool! If anyone finds the video, can you post the link please? Thank you!

Here is a website/blog that some customer started: TrekDistrict.com
It is a beautiful bike, if I must say so myself:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
your hsuband is good

i love the bike your husband designed (trek district). carbon drive is whisper quite. bike is lightning fast for single speed. please buy him beer for me. thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
^ seconded. I bought one about a week before the snow started flying (consequently have had VERY limited time on it) and I love it. Never thought I'd spend so much money on a bike, but when I saw it I had to have it.

A search on the H&R Block commercial is what led me to this forum, seems to be a good find! For now here's a pic of my district the day I brought it home:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNX682giOY"]link to the H&R Block commercial that features the Trek District[/ame]. Pretty funny when you think about the fact that the actors are staring at this bike with one speed and talking about top spec gears. Of all the stuff they could have said about the bike, they chose to say something completely inaccurate. Oh well, at least they were talking about a bike.

Hats off to the designer of this bike. Would love to see a belt drive multi-speed bike some day.

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love seeing bikes in ads of any kind, but I do wish the advertisers were accurate.

My AAA magazine has an ad in it every month with a 60's age couple standing over & next to their bicycles, holding water bottles that are twice the size of the cages on their bikes.

The Region's Bank one is my fav - lots of people riding green bikes all over :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top spec gears? are you kidding me?
Yeah that bothered me.
You would think a mega corporation like that would do a little research on its commercials subject!

Hey lets cast some hipster looking actors and sell the idiot population something that they wont question because they totally trust everything they see on tv.

f.

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
nh_district had my comment covered about it being a Trek District

1 - 20 of 27 Posts