Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am registered for the 2014 Enbridge Ride To Conquer Cancer here in Toronto, which takes place next month (June 7 & 8) and goes from Toronto to Niaagara Falls. I was really looking forward to doing it again. On April 16th I had some minor foot surgery to remove an infection (I am a diabetic) and have been ordered by my dr to stay off of my feet until I am released from his care. I have lost all of whatever fitness I built up by riding the trainer over the winter and have yet to ride outdoors. I see the doc on wednesday and hope to be released as my wound appears to have healed..at least in my opinion
. As such, I ceased my fundraising due to the prognosis. I had $1500 of the required $2500 raised and was quite certain that I would have had no trouble raising the rest had I not had this happen.

Ao...I figured I would take a shot and I called the ride organizers and told them of my predicament. The organization manager contacted me via email (which I saced) telling me that if I want to register for the ride next year, which i do, they will hold that money and apply it to next year's ride so I do not have to raise the entire amount again, since I wasn't physically able to ride this year. I was surprised and very pleased that they would do this. The years I don't ride I volunteer at the Toronto start line handing out the riders' packets for those who raised the amount late, or did not raise the entire amount in time, and i see that there are. at least, 500 or so riders who do not show up, after raising most of, or part of the amount and I wondered why they would tr to arrane something...therefore i thought it would not be possible fo me.

So.......they did me a solid and I appreciate it.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers,

Brian J

·
tall old member
1,300 Posts
I missed one charity ride because of broken bones from a crash. I had entered and sent in my registration fee but had not raised my funds yet. I sent them an email telling them I wouldn't be doing the ride that year. They never replied.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts