Halloween

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TxCyclist, Nov 1, 2009.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

How was everyone's Halloween?

Weather here was perfect and the neighborhood was really lively this year. Took the kiddos out to work their magic getting me candy. :D

2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I think the wife said we got 10 trick or treaters. I guess not many want to come down in the swamp at night.

3. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

People don't trick-or-treat in the complex where I live because of the security doors on the buildings. We went to visit a former neighbor where we used to live and passed out treats there. We had 54 hits in exceptionally warm weather.

4. topgun514

topgun514 Guest

Dean, im trying to track you down for a sticker. I have 50 posts but PMing doesnt work

5. TxCyclist

PM does work?

I've gotten all three of your private messages.

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

We had a pretty slow Halloween. Usually, it's a very big deal for us. We have two strobes, two fog machines, wood headstones, and hundreds of dollars worth of realistic body parts and masks, but just didn't feel like decorating this year. And there weren't as many kids as usual either. But we did 14 pumpkins this year:

[​IMG]

In case anyone is wondering what happens to the pumpkins after Halloween, it's simple. Two got stolen, (as expected) several go in the compost bin, and the rest got shot up. Here's Desi trying the 12 gauge on a pumpkin:

[​IMG]

7. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

We live in the sticks, up a steep hill back a ways from the road, we don't get any trick or treaters. We just chilled and watched the ball game. I usually don't even carve a pumpkin but had an idea in my head this year so I bought a big one and carved it up.

I bought an old explorer a while back for the axle and ended up getting someother parts. the driver's side airbag will be put in the pumpkin. I will post up the video. I still haven't decided what I am going to do with the passenger's side one.

Here is a pic of my pumpkin. It took about an hour to carve, It was a real thick one and I didn't shave it down much so I had a lot to cut through. By the time I decided I should have thinned it out it was to late so I just went with it. It only broke in one spot and a toothpick fixed it so no big deal. It is based on the grill of the greatest jeep ever manufactured the jeep wrangler YJ with rectangular headlights.:D

Attached Files:

8. TxCyclist

Assuming that's public land I'm jealous. Here in Texas we have no public land like that. To go test a new gun or shoot real quick for fun unless you have access to a private ranch is a hassle and costly.

9. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

It's unincorporated public land, and it's maybe 20-30 minutes from me. There are closer places, plus an indoor range, but this is where we take our pumpkins.

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Went good . My kid learned to say trick or treat. That was exciting. Then I ate all her candy. That was even more exciting. You forget how much you like things like dots or three musketeers until a stranger gives them to you at your request.