Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you prefer and why? I like both products but I have to admit I am going back to GU and Roktane. I read something here about a month or so ago decided to give Hammer a try again and now I'm giving it up again for the same reason I have in the past. Hammer tastes great and works as advertised and for me it all comes down to having to use the flask. Even the flask is not that big of deal carrying and using it, it' the keeping it clean that seems to be impossible. While the flask themselves are relatively cheap it's just another added cost and cleaning I personally don't want to deal with.

It's also a lot easier to throw 5 or 6 GU's in my jersey on a nice long century and the amount I intake is a lot more constant that way too. Most places I stop to refuel have some sort of trash container and every century at the feed stops have them so disposal is not an issue and if it was I would just keep it my jersey until I could dispose of it properly anyway.

What's you take on this? I'm sure this topic may be way over done but hey, it was what was on my mind this morning!

·
Two skinny J's
21,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
With regards to gel packs, I've tried a whole lot. Carb Boom is my favorite, with Gu second. EFS is no-doubt bottom of my list. I do like the Mint Chocolate Gu, though, but I still stick with Carb Boom unless the Gu is free at an aid-station.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I have not tried those but have tried the Clif shots gels. They certainly work but not sure they work that much better than my twizzlers for the cost difference. Disclaimer I am not a doctor nor have I played one on tv so I dont have any analytic data to support my claim :rolleyes:

·
Two skinny J's
21,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gonna have to try and find those Xela, I've not heard of those before. Hazy, I didn't care for the Cliff shots, I DO LOVE me some twizzlers tho! GU and the like are faster and easier, for me, on a stop to do. Twizzlers I just I could try while I was riding :)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Raspberry and Apple Cinnamon are my favorites. I haven't tried Banana Peach, but that sounds good to me. Vanilla Orange is the only flavor that has caffeine, if that's something you like to get from your gels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts