Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike came with a flat bar with trigger shifters, if i wanna change it out for a road bike handle bar with drops will I still be able to put my trigger shifters on the top of the bar? I'd have to be able to slide the clamp loops all the way up around the drops and stuff but will it get stuck trying to go up those curves?

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,623 Posts
most road bars are too big for trigger shifters and or mtb brake levers to slide on... you may find some but would have to look for the right diameter bar.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but if i did find the right diamiter, would they still be able to slide up through the curves of the drops?

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,623 Posts
the levers will slide on them if they are the right diameter... it will work. your tape will have to begin a little farther out to make room but it will work, and look okay as well

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i called this bike shop and asked the guy and he said 99 percent of the time it doesn't work and i said what if i get a small diameter tube and he said it'll have trouble going around the bends. everywhere I look they arn't in stock so i'd have to order it and i don't wanna order it an it not fit but i really really want it if it can slide up there. i donno what to do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts