Hands Cracking

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by funetical, Jan 11, 2011.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

My hands and knuckles are cracking, does anyone use anyhting on the ride to keep them from getting worse? Gloves, I know, I don't like wearing them though.

2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

3. Green

Green Completely Human

Only one salve for me,

[​IMG]

Stops cracking in it's tracks and soothes monkeybutt too.... Also prevents fungal and bacterial infections. Very cheap and available at most farm supply stores and some drugstores (walgreens I think). The only drawback is that it is a heavy salve and smelld like old saddle leather..... BUT IT WORKS!

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

udderly
    sMOOth

Is what I have bin useing and it works better than the $100 a tube cream the skin Dr. had me useing, it is not greasy like Bag Balm or Pulvex, I think the wife got it at Rite Aid around $5.

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've been using Jergins intensive healing, it's helping, but I have to wear gloves when I go out, otherwise it's no time before they crack.

6. Green

Green Completely Human

If you find bag balm too greasy your using WAY too much at one time.
    It is nearly all Lanolin and petrolatum... just a little goes a long way.
    But it still smells like old shoe leather!

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That sounds pleasant.

8. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

Bag balm at night for me.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Only at night?

10. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

to let it soak in. Sometimes I'll use it during the day, but wipe off any excess.
    I wear glasses and don't like having anything on my hands that will smudge them if I inadvertently touch the lenses pushing them up, etc.

11. froze

froze Banned

I use the Gold Bond Ultimate also and like it. Haven't tried the Bag Balm but will look for it and see if it's better then the Gold Bond.

12. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

[​IMG]

okay, i dont use it but it is super popular with the men in my family, i use stuff from bath and body that cost ten times as much and my dad says, "that smells like a fruit stand!" or if i go the less fruity smelling type my brother say, "that smells like a whore house!" thus, i recommend the corn huskers, it smells okay, is cheap and they say it works like magic.

13. froze

froze Banned

Does it smell like corn in the late summer? I live in Indiana, that may be just the ticket I need to blend in with the locals.

14. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

lol... it should do the trick! honestly, kinda has very little smell.

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That's what my grandmother uses, she actually told me when she saw me last to get some.

Good call.