Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by flyingdog, Jan 1, 2011.

1. flyingdog

flyingdog Member

Sorry, but the link I posted didn't work like I thought, but if you scroll down a tad to the "Shock and Awe" box, click on "Video", you'll fine what I originally wanted to post.

Things to do when your bored and still want to play in the snow: Click on the vid: "Sledding behind a fighter jet".

I'll check with the wife and see if one of her National Guard buds can borrow an F-16 and give us some rides. Great way to keep those engines tuned and kill some time till the snow melts and we can get our bikes back on dry roads, huh?

http://shock.military.com/Shock/vid...0C6E6360CF430C734E19530?displayContent=224876

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

That's funny, I would have been terrified.

3. flyingdog

flyingdog Member

Skeered..possibly. Especially if the pilot would accidentally forget you're back there and heads for the skies.:eek: I thought that one sledder was going for a tumble when he hit the dry patch. Those helmets/scarves added a nice touch. I remember one of my favorite winter things to do was what we called "Bumper Riding". Hide and wait for a car to come by. Then run out grabbing the bumper and get pulled around until the driver notices you and tries to fling ya off. Or you wipe out when hitting a manhole cover. We even raise the level of daring by Bumper Riding on ice skates. How did me ever survive the joys of youth?:rolleyes::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Tried to follow, what was it?