Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Based on the very low number of posts this morning, many of you may have already started your holiday travels.

Just wanted to wish all of you a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving! For those that are staying close to home, how many are going out for a post turkey feast ride?

I'm running in a 5k early Thursday morning and if I can keep my eyes open plan on a couple hour ride in the afternoon.

·
Two skinny J's
21,453 Posts
I envy you! We are gonna have family here this year so I'm gonna be stuck trying to be social all day...

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,301 Posts
I'll be riding on Thanksgiving, and I'm hoping to coax my wife out, too. Whether you can manage a ride or not, though, Happy Thanksgiving, all!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Picked up a new Hybrid over the weekend hoping to get on the trails this week and try it out. OH and Happy Thanksgiving everyone

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up a new Hybrid over the weekend hoping to get on the trails this week and try it out. OH and Happy Thanksgiving everyone
We of course need to see a picture of it. What did you get?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Thanks, Poolie! Same to you!

I'm not traveling. I just slept a little late today. I'm at work now, so here I am.

I'm going to try to ride that morning. I still haven't gotten a firm schedule of when we'll be where from the one in charge. ;) Also, I'm hoping to do something big Friday morning. There's a football game at 1:30 that's a big deal around here.

wow...really late now. I forgot to submit this before running off to a meeting.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Thanks poolie. Oddly enough I am trying to stay on top of my work so I don't have to do anything over the break.

I've been waiting some time for this. I'm getting excited.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
We of course need to see a picture of it. What did you get?
I picked up a Trek 7.2 fx, to use on the gravel trails. I tried the road bike and it didn't work well on the loose gravel.

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,301 Posts
I'm an advocate for whatever works for the individual! I enjoy getting out for hikes, but was never bitten by the running bug. Whatever you do for exercise over the holiday, may it be good, sweaty and injury-free!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ksr5, that's a nice looking Trek!

My plan for the winter was to supplement my weekend riding with running through the neighborhood 2-3 times a week in the evening, but my lower back is telling me it doesn't like that idea at all. I guess I need to rethink my workout strategy. Have not worked on my core like I know I should. Possibly that will help.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
That's one thing I could never get into.
I dated a marathon runner, and thought she was insane. We'd get up at 5 and go for a run through some orange orchards when I stayed at her place, but it was not enjoyable. Since my move, I've been thinking about how much I ran as a kid. We'd go hike a few miles into the mountains, and just run back along the same trails we rode our bikes on. I really miss that.

The same way that I find long slogs on road bikes a bit boring, (until I got my Wabi) I never could get into running on pavement. But I used to love running over dirt and rocks. I'm starting to get into that again. (read this) And we'll be right next to some prime woodland area. Hopefully, the snow won't be too deep.
;)

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
A Happy Thanksgiving to all. Just staying home don't want to be on the road. I would have went out for dinner but the wife wants to cook. I hope I can get in an early ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts