Two Spoke Forums banner


3462 Views 17 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  TXbiker
Do you guys think that all noobs should have a hardtail?
1 - 1 of 18 Posts
FS or HT?

The heavier you are the harder it will be to dial in an FS.

Even on the bumpy trails I found myself really only needing my FS about 5% of the time. It slowed me down on the other 95% due to excessive bobing both front and rear. I've only owned one FS and it wasn't a true XC bike but I've ridden many of my buddies XC FS and I basically felt the same about those also. Subtract 50-60 lbs of body weight and I might be singing an entirely different song. I prefer HT's and I go alot faster both up and down on one.

It's all about preference, however, and I'll end with saying you should definitely try out a FS just don't go cheap!
1 - 1 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.