Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not a very bad break not protruding through.I don't think it will need to be surgically repaired.Seeing the ortho doc in the am,I am a wreck with the potential of being off the bike for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
One time the doctor said not to resume working as a bike messenger for two weeks. I think that was too soon and the bone never healed. More recently, it was no riding for six weeks, no lifting for eight weeks, if I remember correctly.

I broke the right twice. I broke the left too and the x-ray should evidence of a previous fracture, so 3 or 4 times so far... Clavicle fracture is not uncommon at birth. Heals without medical intervention 90% of the time. :thumbsup:

My opinion, should be immobilized until soft callous formation is observed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It is not a very bad break not protruding through.I don't think it will need to be surgically repaired.Seeing the ortho doc in the am,I am a wreck with the potential of being off the bike for an extended period of time.

Yes, the timing stinks. Hopefully you'll be able to salvage some of your season. Whenever I've been injured, I've had to fight hard to think long-term. If you start back before your body is ready, you could delay yourself further yet. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rock_my_Roll said:
Yes, the timing stinks. Hopefully you'll be able to salvage some of your season. Whenever I've been injured, I've had to fight hard to think long-term. If you start back before your body is ready, you could delay yourself further yet. Best of luck to you.
Thanks for your input,I need to be reminded of the big picture ,not just in the here and now, it is tough though

·
1,084 Posts
One time the doctor said not to resume working as a bike messenger for two weeks. I think that was too soon and the bone never healed. More recently, it was no riding for six weeks, no lifting for eight weeks, if I remember correctly.

I broke the right twice. I broke the left too and the x-ray should evidence of a previous fracture, so 3 or 4 times so far... Clavicle fracture is not uncommon at birth. Heals without medical intervention 90% of the time. :thumbsup:

My opinion, should be immobilized until soft callous formation is observed.

Guess that makes me part of the 10%.

Broke mine (really, shattered) 4 years ago, and 3 weeks later they used a Ti plate and 7 screws to reassemble it over a 6 hour period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts