Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone when out and about with their bike ever been mistaken for a homeless person? A few years back, I was at a free concert in Downtown St. Pete when a person approached me and told me that his buddy had pointed to me and told him (the one who approached me) that I was homeless.

The one who approached me pointed out to him that a homeless person isn't likely to be riding a Specialized Hardrock, let alone one with Crank Brothers Eggbeater pedals, or wearing Spandex, or have the pannier racks/bags that I had on the bike.

He and I had a laugh at his friend thinking that I was homeless.

So, has anyone else ever been mistaken for a homeless person?

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I am sure that when out on my touring bike with the rack and front bag I have bin. But I have bin mistakin for a Piney allso when I had my camo bibs on and a Dirty Biker a time or two when I had my leather on.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my beater makes me seem homeless but im not.
For a "beater bike" that looks pretty clean. I've also got one of those bungy cargo nets. And I love the thing.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I had something like that happen once. They were nice and very kind people trying to help. I was hot, dirty and sweating from just about every part of my body and a few places. They ran a homeless shelter and invited me to come by and clean up, have a hot meal and stay the night. I told them I would see them later, and I did.

I went home, showered and shaved, and cleaned up. Then I got into my toy, (my BMW Z4) and drove the shelter. The lady that saw me on the bike was shocked when I got out of the car, but I felt like people like that take the time to stop and ask, deserved a small donation. Never will forget the look of the lady's face when she saw me get out of the sports car. lol

·
Registered
461 Posts
damn, forgot about that net...now i gotta get another

1 - 6 of 6 Posts